WHAT ARE THE SCHOOL HOURS?
- School starts at 8:15 am each day and ends at 3:06 pm.
DO YOU FOLLOW THE PUBLIC SCHOOL VACATION CALENDAR?
- Clark School is similar to the public school calendar through the New Year. However, instead of a week-long break in February and April, Clark has one two-week break in March.
DO YOU DO MCAS TESTING?
- Clark School is an independent school and does not have to teach to or administer the MCAS test.
WHAT DOES A “VISITING DAY” ENTAIL?
- A visit is meant to give prospective students a look into a “typical” school day. Your child will “shadow” or be partnered with someone already enrolled at Clark who may have similar interests. Teachers will invite your child to participate in the classroom as if they were enrolled. This day will give the admissions team and parents a good sense of whether Clark may be the right fit.
WHAT COMMUNITIES DO YOUR FAMILIES COME FROM?
- Clark School families primarily live on the North Shore, but come from as far as New Hampshire, Andover and suburban Boston. If Clark is the right fight for the child, parents make the commitment to travel or arrange carpools.
DO YOU OFFER TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM SCHOOL?
- We currently have a Swampscott/Beverly/Rowley route and a North Andover/Rowley route that is run by Clark. Otherwise, Clark is happy to put you in touch with families who live in your area who may be interested in creating a carpool.
DO YOU OFFER TUTORING?
- Clark School teachers are available for hire for extra tutoring during the school year or over the summer. For an extra fee, students are able to complete their homework after school with a teacher’s guidance.
WHO ARE OUR TEACHERS?
- All of our teachers hold Bachelor’s Degrees or higher. At Clark we look for teachers who are flexible, patient and able to switch gears to accommodate the many learning styles of students. We invite you to read our teacher bios on the “Directory” page of our website.
HOW MUCH PARENT INVOLVEMENT IS REQUIRED?
- Parent involvement is not required, but we offer many opportunities to get involved in the school as much or as little as your schedule allows. We have a Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) that is always looking for new parents to join and help with social and fundraising efforts.